Scientific organization w/ large publishing department, Washington, DC
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that places mid-career and senior-level creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with employers in and around Washington, DC.
Please read the details below and/or visit http://www.brainstormresources.com/ApplyOnline for additional information regarding our firm and currently open positions with our clients.
A non-profit organization that supports the scientific community is looking to hire a Director of Web and New Media into a full-time, staff position within its Office of Publishing and Member Services. The individual chosen for this leadership role will develop and implement all of the organization’s web and new media programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for executing online and mobile media projects and creating technological solutions to enhance revenues in a technical publishing environment
- Provide direction and support to e-media staff and users through training, usability and maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Manage aspects of technology design and layout and interoperability between websites, mobile devices and related processes
- Evaluate online and mobile products and technologies of competitors
- Manage web developers, web designers and project managers; assist in hiring, coordination, and evaluation of vendors, freelancers, and any other contracted consultants; manage the new media budget
- Work as member of management team to enhance revenue in advertising, membership and site licenses
- Work with various websites and on a variety of mobile platforms- including phones and tablets- develop Apps as market warrants
- Work with a variety of software and vendors- including but not limited to ad serving, job search and serving, video hosting, semantic technology, web hosting
- Extensive university or college-level training leading to a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related field
- Six to eight years of experience, including web/internet technologies and capabilities and creating on-line media solutions
- Experience in technical publishing industry is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in leading and developing a team of systems and programming staff; creating an excellent working environment
- Understanding of online publishing workflows, analytics, online advertising models highly desired
- Ability to develop and manage projects for STM publishing both online and on mobile devices
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, must communicate effectively to all users in the community
The hiring organization’s offices are located in downtown, Washington, DC. They are easily accessible via Metrorail and Metrobus.
Brainstorm Creative Resources has determined a salary range for this position that is between $110K and $140K. This figure is based on qualitative information regarding the role provided by our client and our understanding of the salary requirements for similar roles in the metro-Washington, DC area.
Please follow these steps to apply:
1. Visit http://www.brainstormresources.com/ApplyOnline.
2. Click “Any” in the drop down menu and then click “Search” toward the top of the page.
3. All available opportunities will be listed. Please click on the appropriate position title
4. Read the Employer Overview and complete Job Description.
5. Apply at the bottom of the page, using these guidelines:
a. Complete a Personal Profile
b. Provide answers to the short Questionnaires provided
c. Indicate your specific Software application skills
d. Upload a Resume — as well as any other documents you consider relevant (ex: work samples, cover letter, references)
Only candidates currently residing within a commutable distance of Washington, DC should apply. Applicants not currently living in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia, or who inquire without a cover letter, resume and/or work samples should not expect to receive a response.
Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employers.
Contact: Adam Sidel, President
Date Posted: 5/1/12