San Francisco, New York-Northern New Jersey-Long Island, New York, USA
Associate Editor- InformationWeek:
This Editor will work independently to produce a high volume of high-quality content for our core audience of business and IT professionals. The successful editor will work as part of a veteran online news team—you should thrive on running your own show within your beat, but you will have experts to consult with on story selection, headlines, and related editorial matters. As an editorial group, we value technology expertise, flexibility, attention to detail, and teamwork.
The successful candidate will:
- identify and develop key areas of coverage within assigned technology beats and cultivate expert sources.
- write approximately two stories per day plus columns and slideshows.
- be experienced at writing online stories ranging from quick news stories to more in-depth news analysis and features.
- be well-versed in enterprise IT issues and experienced interviewing IT leaders and practitioners.
- be responsible for meeting certain site traffic goals.
- occasionally represent the brand editorially at applicable tradeshows and conferences.
- develop a strong editorial relationship with key vendors inside assigned beats.
- develop/nurture a strong social media following on Twitter, LinkedIn, and related networks, to promote his or her own work as well as the brand’s content in general.
- use SEO and social media promotion to maximize traffic ROI.
UBM TechWeb, the global leader in technology media and professional information, enables people and organizations to harness the transformative power of technology. Through its core businesses – media solutions, marketing services and paid content – UBM TechWeb produces the most respected and consumed brands, applications and services in the technology market. More than 14.5 million business and technology professionals (CIOs, IT and IT Support managers, Web & Digital professionals, Software and Game developers, Government decision makers, and Telecom providers) actively participate in UBM TechWeb’s communities and information resources. UBM TechWeb brands include: global face-to-face events such as Interop, Game Developer Conference (GDC), Web 2.0, Black Hat and Enterprise Connect; large-scale online networks such as InformationWeek and Light Reading; research, training, and certification services, including HDI, Pyramid Research, and InformationWeek Analytics; and market-leading magazines such as InformationWeek and Wall Street & Technology. UBM TechWeb is part of UBM, a global provider of news distribution and specialist information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion.
Apply for the position online
Date Posted: 5/17/12