Network with ASBPE all summer—and win an iPad mini!
ASBPE is rolling out Third Thursdays, a great new way for editors and designers to network and learn a little bit, too. Our chapters are organizing happy hours across the country on the Third Thursdays of the month in June, July and August, a great chance to meet some of your peers and talk shop.
And this is 2013, after all, so there’s a virtual component, as well. We’re encouraging attendees to discuss a different topic each month and Tweet about the best ideas you come up with, using the hashtag #asbpe. This allows editors and designers everywhere the opportunity to learn from your conversations and even participate themselves. Our National Board will be selecting the best, most insightful tweet each Third Thursday, and the winner will receive an iPad mini! Plus, we’ll have on-site drawings for iTunes gift cards, to help keep your summer rockin’.
So mark your calendar now and we’ll save a place for you at the bar.
June 20 — How to conquer Twitter as an editor
- Boston (5-7 p.m.): Sidney’s in the Le Meredien, 20 Sidney St., Cambridge, MA 02139
- Cleveland (6-8 p.m.): Market Garden Brewery, 1947 W 25th St Cleveland, OH 44113, Cleveland at W. 25th St. (free parking behind the building next to the West Side Market), Contact: Stephanie Ricca, 216-245-2315, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kansas City (5-7 p.m.): Cooper Hawk Winery, 4686 Broadway St., Contact: Danica Tormohlen, 816-803-8103, email@example.com
- Washington, DC (6-8 p.m.): Redwood Restaurant and Bar, 7121 Bethesda Lane, Bethesda, MD, Contact: Kathleen Caggiano, 571-265-3538, firstname.lastname@example.org
July 18 — SEO for editors
- Cleveland (6-8 p.m.): The Winking Lizard, 14018 Detroit Rd., Lakewood, OH (free parking), Contact: Stephanie Ricca, 216-245-2315, email@example.com
- Washington, DC (6-8 p.m.): Co Co Sala, 929 F St N.W., Washington, D.C., Contact: Kathleen Caggiano, 571-265-3538, firstname.lastname@example.org
- New York City: Held in conjunction with the NE Region Azbee Awards banquet, Contact: Ginger Conlon, 646-638-6184, email@example.com
August 15 — Handling increased job responsibilities
- Boston (5-7 p.m.): John Harvard’s Brew Pub, 1 Worcester Rd Framingham, MA 01701
- Cleveland (6-8 p.m.): The Oak Barrel Brasserie & Taphouse, 5975 Canal Rd., Valley View, OH (free parking), Contact: Stephanie Ricca, 216-245-2315, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kansas City (5-7 p.m.): North, 4579 W 119th St., Leawood, KS, Contact: Amy Fischbach, 913-385-7725, email@example.com
- Chicago (5:30-7:30 p.m.): Firehouse Grill, 750 Chicago Ave, Evanston, IL Contact: Debbie Cassell, 312-996-9135
- Washington, DC (6-8 p.m.): Kora, 2250 Crystal Drive, Arlington, VA (Crystal City), Contact: Kathleen Caggiano, 571-265-3538, firstname.lastname@example.org
- New York City (5-7 p.m.): Location TBA, Contact: Ginger Conlon, 646-638-6184, email@example.com