Those wishing to nominate a young leader may do so via this Google document link.
To help young editors who are just starting their careers, ASBPE started the annual Young Leaders Scholarship in 2001. The scholarship allows younger editors who might otherwise be unable to attend the ASBPE National Conference or Boot Camps. It is open to all business editors, including print and Web.
Scholarships pay the conference or boot camp and hotel room costs for up to five U.S. applicants and two international editors per year. (U.S. applicants or their publishing companies are responsible for transportation to and from the conference, any non-conference meals, and other incurred costs; international winners get a stipend toward travel expenses.) Scholarship recipients also receive a free one-year membership to ASBPE if they are not already members.
Qualifications for the scholarship include the following:
- Applicant must be 30 years of age or younger.
- Applicant must have worked at least two years as an editor of a business magazine or the magazine’s associated Internet publication.
- Candidacy must be sponsored by applicant’s chief editor.
- Applicant must plan to continue in the business press as a career.
- Applicant may not be a past ASBPE Young Leaders Scholarship winner.
Nomination forms go out around the beginning of each year. You can now access the 2012 nomination form via this Google document link.