This Week in Ethics
New survey: Plagiarism plague tops ethical dilemma list for academic journal publishers
Proactive marketing effort is editor’s best response when publisher seeks to increase ad/editorial swaps
Advertiser pressure for more editorial tie-ins continues to be the dominant ethical issue editors confront. A nervous publisher coping with ad sales slippage may attempt to trample editorial colleagues.
As an ASBPE member in 2013, you will enjoy discounts to educational and networking events, free Webinar registrations until the early bird deadline, and a discount on entries to the Azbees awards competition. Join now or renew your membership to take advantage of these and other benefits. Membership is only $75 for full-time editors, writers and designers and $50 for freelancers.
- Volunteer Journalist – Centralized Global News Network, Remote
- Junior Editor – ITG Investment Research, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Managing Editor – Putman Media, Itasca, IL
See these and other job listings.
- Attend the first-ever virtual roundtable on B2B ethics Register now for the ASBPE’s June 12 virtual roundtable on B2B ethics. When: June 12, 2013Choose a session time: > 10-11 a.m. ET > 1-2 p.m. ET > 4-5 p.m. ETWhere: Your phone! Conference call number provided after you register Register now! Are your publication front covers immune from ad schemes? Are attempts to disguise digital ads as ...
- Join us for the ASBPE Chicago Chapter’s Spring Social! End your workday with a happy hour or two, courtesy of the ASBPE’s Chicago Chapter. Spend the evening enjoying riverfront scenery, adult beverages (one ticket per attendee, then cash bar) and heavy appetizers (complimentary), while meeting and mingling with old colleagues and new acquaintances. The event also will include raffle drawings for prizes. When: Thursday, May 23, ...
- ASBPE Kansas City Chapter State of B-to-B Industry Luncheon: “Editors” are out, content specialists and community managers are in If business press editors had to define their relationship with the current state of the profession on Facebook, it would definitely be “complicated.” This was the general consensus at the April 24 meeting that focused on state of the b-to-b industry. “The profession has undergone serious changes,” said Ron Wall, executive vice president for Advanstar Communications. ...
Thank you to everyone who submitted entries in the 2013 Azbees Awards of Excellence competition. Judging will begin soon, and winners will be honored at our regional and national awards banquets this summer.